I have been to some big blogging conferences, but I’ve never experienced anything like the madness that is SXSW. I knew this was an exciting conference when I looked around the plane and saw 8 other entrepreneurs from the Boulder area on the same flight. The top 5 things I learned:
1. SXSW takes place all over town. Be prepared to travel up to 5 miles between two sessions you want to see. You definitely get a lot of walking in.
2. The best meetings aren’t on any conference agenda. They are the meetings you set up before hand with all the influencers who are going to be there.
3. Group texting is all the rage these days and is great for conferences
4. Hotels fill up early – book at least 6 weeks in advance to get a good affordable spot.
5. Locals put on a great show. Find the local companies and let them know you are going to be there and set up a time to meet.